Last week was very busy for me, and I got the lovely surprise of getting nominated for 2 blogger recognition awards! Thanks a lot Tami and Nina, you are wonderful and you really made my week! If you haven’t checked their blogs, you really should, both ladies are extremely talented. Nina’s purses are just the cutest, I really love all her designs, and Tami shares all her crochet projects, and most of them are linked to youtube tutorials, so you can make them too!
The rules for the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I first started my blog as some kind of personal diary for my crafts. I had only just taught myself crochet (in the few months before starting) and I was about to tackle my first big project, a mystery CAL! I thought blogging would keep me accountable and would help me catalogue all my projects. Not only did it help me finish my first blanket (yay!) but I also found such a great community and inspired me to start designing some projects of my own.
My two advices for new bloggers
- Keep true to yourself, if you are passionate about what you write, it will show through and people are more likely to enjoy your writing. Also, you will be less likely to abandon your blog after a few months because you are writing about something close to your heart.
- Engage with others. The community on wordpress is amazing and there are some people that I have ‘known’ for over a year, and I truly feel like I have gained some friendships in the process. As a bonus tip (but really it’s related to this point), don’t be shy and don’t hesitate to leave comments! I find that I particularly appreciate when people let me know they like my crafts, and I’m sure that other crafters like it too, so come say hello! (promise, I don’t bite!)
Even though I’ve been nominated twice for this award, I’m only going to nominate 15 people, I hope you’ll forgive me 🙂